TK Project

Development & Technical discussion about Timekoin.
Forum rules
Bug Collecting Database is Click Here
GitHub Account is Click Here

Re: TK Project

Postby smooj » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:58 am

I think we should get slack going for us or if you want the open source version, we can use https://rocket.chat/

Yep, establishing better comms is the first step.
smooj

Re: TK Project

Postby dangermouse » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:12 pm

Thanks for the interest.

The new project is a fork of TK not a restart. It is based on the TK existing source code but has major changes which means it will be incompatible with the existing block-chain and existing servers.

The rationale for Drupal is that currently, it is one of the most secure off-the-shelf CMSs available. Wordpress suffers from constant security issues and plugins have variable support in terms of security fixes. Unless you are very familiar with hardening Wordpress and can trawl through any plugin code, personally, I think a more secure solution like Drupal is better and far less maintenance. Whilst Drupal does have minor issues from time-to-time, statistically, they are also far less likely to get exploited. Wordpress is a very common target for hackers.

Just my personal opinion but that is what I have found in my experience.

At the moment, there are still only 2 coders working on the code. This means unless any other coders come forward imminently, it is going to take a while to code the new project.

As soon as we have an update, I will post again. I will try and setup a Google group or something, just in case these forums go down. If anyone has any other suggestions for a base-site, let me know. Once we have the core code written, we can start taking suggestions for other features/functionality. However, the core code has got to come first.
dangermouse

Previous

Return to Development Discussion